06 June 2013

Widgets

Welcome Guest Basket


I've been wanting to arrange a "Welcome Basket" for our tourist guests for so long now but I feel like I have no time at all. Gosh!! My day revolves around Baby Ish and at night I'm even too tired to think..hahaha... Five groups of relatives/friends stayed in my house for the last 1 year and I still haven't started this project. I want my guests to feel comfortable with their stay.  I remember one time when my friend R stayed in our house for the weekend coming from Australia. He forgot his towel and behold! I don't have extra. Yaikksss... In fairness to me, we just moved in to Singapore from Mumbai that time. Me and hubby have 2 towels each but our extra was both in the laundry.



So,  inspired by Pinterest (as always), I was slowly collecting stuff around the house, those that I will put inside the basket. We will be having guests this 17th and I'm slowly organising things.

I didn't thought that it is actually very easy to do since all the things I wanted to include in the basket was available in our house. Now, we always have extra of almost everything. Almost.

What's in the basket??


1. A card that says


2. Wash cloth
3. Toothbrush
4. Tooth paste
5. Body wash / bar of soap / shampoo
6. Mouth wash
7. Body lotion (travel size)
8. Sunblock (travel size)
9. Hair oil
10. Cotton buds
11. Cotton
12. Wet wipes
13. Mineral water (when they get thirsty at night)
14. Snacks (when they get hungry at night and too shy to go to the kitchen)
         - mixed nuts, cookies, chocolate bars

I add up items depending on what kind of  guest we will be having (single, group, family).  I make sure that I add up their fave snack or a small toy if a family with a kid is coming over. After they leave, I will just replenish or replace whatever item is used. I place the basket  on the bedside table in the guest room and any guest can easily spot it when they enter.

Next time, I will transfer the toiletries into clear containers and personalize it a bit with our monogram. It will look more posh and expensive even if it just came from the grocery store. .. hehehe..

Another version of the basket for a family guest with their fave cookies.

With this simple gesture, your guests will feel special and of course very welcome, they will know that you prepared for their visit. If you have more time, you can prep the whole room like adding some flowers, magazines and scented candles.


Source: Pinterest 

Today, Mr. K called me and informed me that his friend will be staying for the night. So I swiftly put all this things together. I still missed out on other items like extra shaver, disposable slippers and comb. 
I guess our friend felt that he is really welcome he actually asked me. "Do I need to show my passport before I check-in?" .. hahaha (I always have that desire of making our home as cozy and comfortable as a hotel room).

Wanna stay for the night?  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment