01 June 2015

Widgets

What's in my goodie bag? | Hello Kitty Tea Party


For every birthday party that I organize, one of my biggest dilemma is what to put inside the loot bag. I want the items to be something useful or consumable that fits all ages and gender. I don't want to put myself into buying two different sets of loot for boys and girls and end up having many extras for girls or being short of goodie bags for boys or vice versa.. The thing is even if you have counted your confirmed guests, some still backout at the last minute for some reason. There are also those who did not confirm but will still show up.


The usual favor items in every party that we get always ends up in the bin after a week. That includes a torn party hats, masks and a broken whistle or small toy.

If it is not in the bin , it ends up as an additional clutter in my house which I really hate. The thing with kids is that, even the smallest/broken toy should be kept until they loose interest or totally forgot about it. There was one time when I tossed a torn coloring paper in the bin and my toddler was looking for it. It looks like I commited a crime while she repeatedly asked me why I threw her paper. Gosh!

For her Hello Kitty Tea Party, I thought of including all her favorite goodies in the loot bag. I also created a tag that says " Thank you for making my party puuuurfect! These are a few of my favorite goodies. "



 




 All are consumables and I think the mommies of our little guests will thank me for not adding clutter to their houses.

What's in the bag?
1. Oreo cookies
2. MILO
3.Bubble mix - you can throw the bottle when empty
4. Kinder Surprise Egg
5. Koko Krunch
6. Chocolate coins
7. Cheezels
8. Snickers



For future parties, I thought of including the following. These are the things that I wish to get from goodie bags. Some things that are nice to have for your kids but you might want to skip buying. It is useful especially when they are already going to school.

1. Coin bank (teach them to save early)
2. Stationery
3. Stickers
4. Colors
5. Coloring pencil
6. Coloring book
7. Puzzles and other board games
8. Other school supplies
9. Crafts and art supplies
10. Books




How about you mommies, what's in your kid's goodie bag? Let me know in the comment box below.




No comments:

Post a Comment