21 September 2013

Widgets

SNAFFLE'S Catchcakes in Singapore


Family date day, me and baby Ish were on our way to Dhoby Ghaut to meet daddy K who is working on a Saturday. We thought that his work will be done by 3PM but the "thing" that he is doing seems to be taking forever to work as planned. I made this chance to roam around the basement of Plaza Singapura. I thought to myself, I always wanted to try out some of the snacks and this is the perfect time to do so. 

I literally stopped in each food outlet and see if anything interest me. I grabbed a savoury crepe from Saybons and some crispy chicken from a Korean store. While I'm munching my way to other stores I noticed this bunch of people in front of a SNAFFLES store (never heard or known this before). They are handing out spoons of cake for a free tasting. Well, I love cakes and I will not skip this one. 


By simply looking at the brand name and the packaging, it is obvious that it is from Japan. At first look the boxes were placed in a chiller / freezer, so I thought it was like mochi ice cream. I was wrong, it was the softest, yummy melt-in-your-mouth cheesecake I've ever tasted and I like it cold. One bite and I'm convinced that I will buy a box. No second thoughts.

 







I also tasted the chocolate cake and the cheese tart but I am hooked with the cheesecakes. They call it Catchcakes. I bought the mix (4 cheesecake and 4 chocolate in a box) for $19.80. They are selling it by box and it will last for about 3-4 hours outside the fridge. The cheese tarts are sold individually at less than $4 (ooppss, sorry I forgot the exact price, still not over with the Catchcakes). You can also buy a box of  cheesecake (8 pcs) and a box of chocolate cakes (8 pcs).


Aside from a nice box packaging and paper bag (I'm fond of boxes and paper bags.. I don't know why.) they will give you a cooler bag which is good because we are heading to Marina Bay Sands for dinner.  It will last until we get home. I hope the fluffy texture will remain the same. 


The cooler bag (blue) fits nicely inside the paper bag even if it is big. 



 Looking at the pic above makes me crave for it and can't help but pause in writing and head to the fridge to get one.. hehehe..



SNAFFLES is from Hakodate Hokkaido, Japan which started in 1998 but looking at the box it is very NEW in Singapore. It says "Singapore 2013". A new outlet will be opening in Bedok mall. I tried to Google their website but unfortunately I don't understand it as it is written in Japanese letters.. hihihi...

They claim that:
- the freshest natural ingredients from Hokkaido are used.
- the ingredients are carefully mixed to create the perfect texture
- the baking process is closely monitored in an open-style oven set at the right temperature
- the Cathcake products are packaged carefully and immediately delivered to ensure freshness and quality


Well, I believe them.  Yum!


Pastry SNAFFLE'S
Hakodate 1998
Plaza Singapura  #B2-56




No comments:

Post a Comment