18 October 2013

Widgets

Krispy Kreme Craze in Singapore


I don't know what's with all this craze of queueing and waiting just to get hold of a new product that is launching in Singapore.. I've witnessed the Hello Kitty craze at McDonald's and even the release of the new model of smart phones.  Then last October 12, the launching of Krispy Kreme was held at Tangs city. Prior to the event, they announced an interesting contest in Facebook and Twitter. Whoever will be first on the queue to buy a dozen donuts will win a Golden ticket which means a years supply of donuts.. There's also a Silver ticket to win a 6 months supply and a Bronze ticket for a 3 months supply. whoaahhh! who can eat that much?


The location and time of the event will be announced via FB and Twitter. I purposely created a Twitter account for this to be updated.... harhar!  Honestly, if I am single, I might join the queue as well hahaha.. just for fun.. Awww I'm missing my old adventurous self.. But I am a mommy now so I have to think of my baby first.

 


Come Friday, me and daddy K went to Orchard for some shopping. I saw that big sign from Krispy Kreme, "LINE STARTS HERE" in front of Tangs.  I was still thinking if I want to queue early the next day but there are already people in the queue.. Seriously?? Wow, that was 8PM Friday, are they going to sleep there overnight? The launch is still the next morning. I saw the guy who is first in the queue and the next day he emerged to be the Golden ticket winner. (clap! clap! clap! )


After all this craze  my craving for that Original Glaze donut is still there, can hold it no more so me and baby Ish went down to Orchard to meet my cousin J for a Krispy Kreme donut. The outlet is hard to find though. We went down to Basement of Tangs and all I can see are  Home products and Kitchen wares. Huh! where is Krispy Kreme?? Their location is a bit tricky... Coming from the elevator you need to turn right through the area where food blenders and coffee makers were displayed. You can see the Exit leading to Krispy Kreme stall.



When we got there I was overwhelmed with the queue. It goes all the way past the ATM machines. Oh goodness, we still need to wait. But it didn't took long before we were able to order. Maybe around 10-20 mins. The queue was moving fast.

If  you want to order just the original glazed donut (no other flavors), they have an Express Line for that which sells by a dozen. Nice eh! It will cut your waiting time.


Now I need to sink in my teeth to this yummy donuts... Craving satisfied!

Can't wait..... already ate 1 pc on the way home...

Click here for Singapore Krispy Kreme website



No comments:

Post a Comment