11 October 2014

Widgets

Trick or Treat in Singapore and Other Halloween Events For Kids 2014


Halloween is just around the corner. This year my baby is ready for Trick or Treat-ing.. It's her first time and mine too. I'm uber excited with the thought of dressing her up and seeing her having fun getting candies and chocolates. I hope that she will not get scared with the decors and costumes on the places that I'm gonna take her. I hope there will be NO tantrums and backing out at the last minute (cross fingers).

I've listed here some of the events that you can bring your kids for a spooky good time. It's actually for my own use but thought of sharing it with you my dear readers.

Mask display at FairPrice Extra, NEX mall
Taken using my Samsung S5


First up,  I need to get her costume ready. I don't want to spend much so I will use whatever is readily available in the house. I still have her pink tutu which I made for her 1st birthday but we were not able to use it because we are busy with the party and forgot to change her to 2nd outfit (the pink tutu). I'm thinking of dressing her as a kitty cat, fairy, witch or ghost but that depends on what she will approve. Yesterday, I've tried the tutu on her and it needs a little adjustment. She grew so fast and taller than her age...

If you are wondering where to get costumes, buckets, masks, wings and face paints, try checking out in Spotlight (Plaza Singapura), United Square, Kiddy Palace, ToysRUs and I saw a few nice ones too in Fairprice Extra that will not burn a hole in your pocket. Better yet Do-it-Yourself if you've got the time. There are tons on tutorials in Pinterest where I learned how to make a no-sew tutu.


Alritey, lets take the kids Trick or Treat-ing...

1. Woodgrove in Woodlands - This is #1 on my list and will surely take my kid there on the 31st of October. Here your kids will experience the traditional Trick or Treat where children knock from door to door and asks for goodies. I know that I'm going to enjoy too since I've never experienced it in my home country when I was a kid. This happens annually where the residents of Woodgrove decorates their houses and shell out money to buy candies for the1000+ visitors who flock their area for this night event. Are you excited already?
Click here for more info.

Date: October 31
Time: 6PM onwards...


2. Port of Lost Wonder - This Halloween on 25th October and 1st November (6.30pm to 10pm), Sentosa Port of Lost Wonder presents Spooky Junior’s Heroes Unite specially for you and your superhero family! Port of Lost Wonder is being invaded by monsters after a science experiment has gone terribly wrong. Calling all heroes – come in your best outfits and defend the Port from the monster invasion!

Take note of the Creative costumes contest where you can win prizes up to $3,000 including Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Kids, Wii, hotel stays on Sentosa at Siloso Beach Resort and Amara Sanctuary, and many more. Click here for more details.

Date :  October 25  and Nov 1, 2014
Time : 6.30PM-10PM




3. Liang Court - Trick or Treat with Frankie the Frankeinstein
 This October, Liang Court celebrates Halloween with a host of exciting craft workshops, a Halloween Mocktail Competition, and a Magic Workshops! Click here for more details.

Date : 11, 18 & 25 Oct 2014
Time:  12-1PM



http://www.liangcourt.com.sg/liang-court/happenings-details.aspx?id=Hhi%2f2YhfjF3nvAcoeKAA%2fg%3d%3d&type=highlights



4. Explorer Kid - Spooky Town Bash
Date: 25 October 2014
Time: 6-10PM


https://www.explorerkid.com/activities_events/halloween_party_spooky_town_bash


5. The Marmalade Pantry Stables
Come dressed in your best Halloween costumes and join us for an Enchanted Halloween Party at the Stables! Hurry! Call 6235 5993 now to register and enjoy early bird discount!
Visit their FB page for more details.

https://www.facebook.com/MarmaladePantry


6. Harbourfront Centre

http://www.harbourfrontcentre.com.sg/pdf/HFC14044_FamilyHalloween_A5DM%2812pp%29%20Lo.pdf


7. Safari Boo at River Safari

https://m.wrs.com.sg/safariboo/

8. Go Go Bambini

http://www.gogobambini.com/


9. If you don't want to go far, try checking out your community events. I saw one banner near our flat about a Spooky Halloween event organized by the CC. It is cheaper, nearer and the kids will have lots of fun as well.

10. SEAA Wonders: Spooky Seas at Resorts World Sentosa
This October, brace yourself for some of the scariest-looking marine animals you’ve ever seen. Discover amazingly spooky facts beyond their creepy looks with our exciting line-up of programmes and activities. Click here for more details.

Date: 1 October to 16 November




I am going to take baby Ish to atleast 3 of these events. The problem is all these are almost happening at the same date and time, so I have to choose which one she will enjoy the most. 

If you know other Halloween events for kids that is not on the list, please share it here with me. I will be updating this page so do check back yah!


Happy Halloween and have a blast with your kids!


--- VodkaRouge








No comments:

Post a Comment