04 January 2016

Widgets

Home Makeover Part 1 - Mood Board and Before Photos


At last, after 3 months of processing, we've collected the keys to our newly purchased house (HDB Resale). Yippee!

Prior to this, I have visited at least 20 Interior Designers. I know right!? Are you sayin' too many? I thought so too but I just wanted to be sure that I get the best one.

At the end of my thorough analysis and after so many comparison, it looks like there's nothing much difference in terms of the workmanship, design and service from all of the IDs that I've been to. The design is generic because I know what I want and it was already laid out to them. It all boils down to the cost of renovation.

Inspiration : Living Room    Image Source: Pinterest - theeverygirl.com




We've finally decided NOT to hire an Interior Designer. We directly engaged a contractor that was referred by my husband's colleague. Hahaha!  Did I heard you say I wasted my time? Not really! By talking to different designers, I was able to know what I really wanted. You see, I'm having confusions on which theme I'd  like to incorporate in the house. The problem is that I wanted it all. Resort hotel, Scandinavian, French Country, Contemporary, Shabby chic. Arrgh, it's so confusing on how to get all those in one house and pull it together. At the end, I decided that I will go for a very basic renovation that would save us a few thousand dollars. Simple yet functional.

I also thought that the best Interior designer for my house would be .. ME.

I want a theme that is clean, bright and airy but also cozy and relaxing. What I have in mind is the color white, gold, light wood, gray and a pop of colors from the decors.

Mood Board: Dining Set in light wood and white color
    Image from Pinterest: Smart Furniture   


I want a plain canvas wherein I can alter the look and feel of the house by simply adding some accessories or a simple decor that changes according to the season, occasion and mood.

I'm thinking of red accessories during Christmas, purple, orange and black during Halloween, pink and pastel during spring or summer, and colors that would match the theme of the party that I'll be hosting at home.  This simply means that white would be the perfect wall color and maybe inject a mix of natural elements and metallic accessories like what you see in the resorts to add to the cozy ambiance.



Kitchen Inspiration: White worktop and wood laminated cabinets
Image Source : Pinterest - Home and Decor SG 


Having kids is the tricky part. Although I want to have a white sofa, that could never happen because I know after a month or so, it will be full of doodles from my 3-yr old. I am also thinking of having a few glass vases and intricate decors, but definitely my son will grow fast and he is very curious. My hard earned $ might just shatter into pieces from his little hands. And of course, my children's safety is my priority so keeping it simple is the key.

Here's some pictures  of the house after the previous owner vacated it. Are you also a fan of Before-After shots of a house makeover.? Me too!! Can't wait. The reno will take about 8 weeks to complete.


 The living and dining area. View from the main door.


The living and dining area. View from the kitchen.


The small recess area that was already included in our purchase.

The kitchen view from the living room.


The kitchen from a different angle.

The Master's Bedroom

Bedroom 1

Bedroom 2

*I will be writing about the progress of the renovation by room so that it is easier to follow.







Contractor:
Artha Reno & General Construction
T: (65) 9691 9695 (HP) F: (65) 6759 6891
Email: artha_reno@yahoo.com.sg


You might also want to read:

Home Makeover Part 1 - Mood Board and Before Photos
Home Makeover Part 2 - Kitchen
Home Makeover Part 3 - Toilet and Bathroom
Home Makeover Part 4 - Living, Dining Room and Recess Area
Home Makeover Part 5 - Bedrooms




No comments:

Post a Comment