20 February 2016

Widgets

SOD Cafe at Ci Yuan CC (Hougang)


Today we visited our new home to check on the progress of the renovation. After that we visited the nearby community center. We looked around for the function rooms that I can book for baby M's 1st birthday party. As of today, I am not sure yet if we are going to hold his party in Singapore or in my home country. But then again advance planning is always my thing. I don't want to rush preparing all the details and stress myself out.

Along the way we passed by this cafe which is just inside the CC. This CC has quite good food choices and facilities. There is Subway, a 24-hour  Hawker center with 40 stalls and SOD Cafe. There's even a KTV Center, Fitness Gym, Dance studio and Culinary studio. Cool eh!

Back to SOD Cafe. I've been curious about this cafe since we started visiting the place but we never dined in. Maybe because we always had our lunch before visiting our new home. Our home is just a few blocks from the CC.


I told hubby that we will just order some light snacks because we are not that hungry. 



 

One of these cute mini artificial plants will be your table letter/number after you order from the counter.  





 Selection of cakes. Yum! Looking forward to trying out some of their cakes on my next visit. 




Selection of Ice Cream

 

We had a Hawaiian pizza, a Truffle fries and a Mango Frizzy Soda.
  


I love the cozy industrial theme of this cafe. I almost want my house to look like this.  Thinking of getting the same white chair for my dining table but hubby said it was too bulky. Hmmm Ok then.



Glad that this cafe is just a few steps away from our house. I will definitely try out everything in their menu.  I am too curious about the other dishes in the menu to the point that I look at every plate they brought out from the kitchen to serve to other customers. I've seen black waffles, whaaaattt was thaaat!?? I saw one customer enjoying her tea in a flowery teapot (vintage alert!??) Hey SOD cafe, if you are reading this please add a high-tea in your menu. I am not really interested in the tea. A ginger tea will do for me. I just want a good selection of small bites of pastries and savories. Do you have one already? Then I'll be there almost every weekend, hahaha..    =)

As for the taste and quality of food, 2 thumbs up!.  Looks like "me-time" and a few minutes of peace of mind is just a few blocks away.





No comments:

Post a Comment